Despite the end result, the 2019 Los Angeles Dodgers 106 regular season wins was an impressive achievement. In any era, passing the century mark has long been a benchmark for great teams, but if the Dodgers are going to finally win the World Series, history will not be on their side.
The Dodgers now have 100 wins. They finish with a 59-22 (.728) record at home — the best mark in Dodger Stadium history. It’s the Dodgers’ second-best winning percentage at home in franchise history behind the 1953 Brooklyn Dodgers (60–17, .779).
— Dodger Insider (@DodgerInsider) September 22, 2019
Since the implementation of the two team wild-card format before the 2012 season, no team has ever won the World Series the year after a 100 or more win season.
The Season After 100 Wins
- 2015 St. Louis Cardinals (100-62) Failed to reach playoffs in 2016
- 2016 Chicago Cubs (103-58)* Lost to the Dodgers in 2017 NLCS
- 2017 Cleveland Indians (102-60) Lost to the Astros in 2018 ALDS
- 2017 Houston Astros (101-61)* Lost to the Boston Red Sox in 2018 ALCS
- 2017 Los Angeles Dodgers (104-58) We all know what happened
- 2018 Boston Red Sox (108-54)* Failed to reach playoffs in 2019
- 2018 New York Yankees…