Position: 2020 Summer Internship – Statcast Data Analytics
Location: This position is located in New York, NY and is a paid internship.
In 2015, MLB introduced Statcast, a revolutionary technology that tracks all movements on the field. Statcast automatically tracks every hit ball’s exit speed and distance, every fielder’s range, speed, and arm strength, and every base runner’s movement.
MLB is looking for a summer intern to join in the continued development and evolution of Statcast. With a wealth of ground-breaking new data and metrics, they are looking for people who can analyze, validate and provide meaningful context around it. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who has an interest in baseball statistics, metrics, and data.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Baseball Fan Strongly Preferred
- Proficiency in SQL, R, or Python
- Demonstrated work with sports, professionally or independently
- Some familiarity with baseball tracking systems, especially Pitch F/X and Statcast
- Ability/Desire to learn new skills and technologies quickly
- A self-starter that’s highly accountable and will take ownership of delivering your work
- Critical thinking skills and…