Position: Developer, Baseball Systems – Research and Development
Location: Chicago, IL
This role will focus on the development and maintenance of Cubs’ internal baseball information system and all of the data flows that support it. This may include creating web interfaces and web tools for the user interface; building ETL processes; maintaining back-end databases; deploying machine learning models; and troubleshooting data source issues as needed. Successful candidates will also bring strong analytical skills, work ethic and communication skills.
- Assist in the design and implementation of the Baseball Ops information system, creating performant and beautiful user interfaces.
- Develop and maintain ETL processes for loading, processing and quality-checking new data sources.
- Identify, diagnose and resolve data quality issues.
- Assist in design and deployment of machine learning models for active predicting.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in Computer Science or similar discipline
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Experience building scalable software in a collaborative setting
- Knowledge of data structures